Monica Chin | Family Law Attorney
As a lawyer, I have focused my entire career on family law. Helping families through this process is my passion. I have extensive experience in both negotiation and litigation, and am a zealous advocate for my clients while recognizing the importance of avoiding unnecessary litigation. I pride myself on the lasting relationships I build with my clients and my ability to give practical and straight-forward advice.
I hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Law from Washington State University, where I attended the honors college, and a Juris Doctor from the University of Oregon. While in law school, I regularly competed in Moot Court competitions, winning first place and Best Brief in the Environmental Law Competition. I was also selected to compete at Harvard in the Animal Law Moot Court Competition. I was an Environmental and Natural Resources Fellow and was awarded the school’s Public Service Award.
I currently live in Seattle with my husband and two sons. In my free time, I enjoy cycling, traveling, and the occasional science fiction movie or novel.
Washington State Bar Association
American Bar Association, Family Law Section
King County Bar Association, Family Law Section
Professional & Civic:
- Special Advocate, Family Law CASA of King County
- Mother Attorney Mentoring Association (MAMAS)
- Washington Women Lawyers
- Seattle Select Attorneys
- “Unbundled Legal Services,” 4th Annual Mary H. Wechsler Family Law Symposium for the King County Bench, 2012
- “Solution Focused Legal Services, Unbundled Legal Assistance”, Annual Washington
- Chapter Association of Family and Conciliation Courts Conference, 2012